1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold smoking salmon (Smokin Al's recipe)

Discussion in 'Fish' started by meatallica, May 13, 2018.

1. meatallica

meatallica Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Followed Al's recipe to the T..
    Got 10 lbs of Norwegian salmon at Restaurant Depot. Started Wed. God must love us Que-ers cuz the weather sucks here in Delaware today. Great for my 1st cold smoke. Using "Meatallica" (my UDS), and alder pellets in tube smoker. Temps holding steady. I'll post more pics of finished product when I slice and vac seal

2. meatallica

And thanks to SmokinAl.. I would have never attempted this without your tutorial

Attached Files:

jaxgatorz likes this.
  3. meatallica

Wow

Attached Files:

73saint and SmokinAl like this.
  4. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks fantastic. good job!!

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Oh my!
    That looks awesome!
    I hope you have a bagel to put it on!
    Al

6. meatallica

4 lbs in 1/4lb bags. Looking forward to crushing a couple bagels with the works!! Salmon in the deep freeze till next wk

Attached Files:

SmokinAl and BKING! like this.
  7. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

That looks great meatallica, nice job. Al's tutorials always result in success stories.

Point for sure.

Chris

8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job on the slicing!
    And congrats on getting a spin on the carousel!
    Al

9. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Great work. I did this a couple weeks ago, and already looking forward to doing it again. Blows away the store bought. Job well done!

10. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job on the cold smoke,I need to make some more before the weather changes.LIKES
    Richie

11. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I was thinking the same thing. May have to do a middle of the night cold smoke, I’m down to my last pack of lox...it’s to die for!!

12. meatallica

Thanks everyone

Jeff