Cold smoking in an off set smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do all my cold smoking using a pellet tube in either my turned off pellet smoker or my offset depending on the size of whatever I'm smoking. If you go that route just make sure you have all the vents wide open and you will be good to go.
^^^^^
What he said. I run just a pellet tube in my pellet grill or offset. What I have started doing, thanks to indaswamp indaswamp is packing my pellet tubes with dust instead of pellets. Cleaner smoke, and the dust burns cooler.

There is a trick to lighting the dust in the tube...
I use a heat gun. But you have to put about 1/2" of pellets on top of the dust...otherwise the dust will just blow out and not light. Put the gun all the way in contact with the pellets and they will light in less than a minute. fan the flame with hot air until the flame is really going.

Reactions: Pit pixie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky