Cold smoking bacon question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wasi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Sorry if this question has been answered before I just want to be sure I am doing my cold smoking correctly. I have a 5LB pork belly that I seasoned and cured for 2 weeks vacuum sealed and flipped daily. Last night I rinsed the pork off dried it and put it back in the fridge for 2 days before I smoke it Friday. My plan was to cold smoke it with heat at all using my offset smoker. I have a pellet tube that I am going to fill with apple wood dust. The temp outside will be around 70-75 degrees and the smoker sits under a roof next to the shed. Will it be safe to cold smoke the bacon for about 10-12 hours with no heat at all?

Reactions: sawhorseray
I would say if it's cured properly you will be fine, some guys cold smoke a lot longer then that, just make sure you get it up to temp before you eat it, either by finishing it in smoker by setting temp higher in smoker or when you slice it and fry it.

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky