Cold smoker almost done witha few questions plus pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo

Well here she is 26Wx 30dx8'

Bought 6" dampers,galvanized sheet metal which are really 5and 3/4 go figure. They had a so called key which I drilled out on drill press and was just bearing down, once it was at that point where just about through and it catches, you that done it know it threw that razor across the garage and broke the drill bit, thank God nobody was in that space.

Down in there from top, no top yet. Question is are the inlets going to do it, just drilling holes like a WSM. I think it will do the job. Face smoker so prevailing winds are on inlet sides North and south here.  So whachta you think?

Looks like a nice job on the start.  We will be watching.
popcorn.gif

Stan

Almost done. Got an antler for door handle to put on yet and trim shingles after it warms a bit. Vents work great. No wind and smoked away on a seasoning burn

That's very impressive! I'm amazed at what people create on here. Looks terrific! Cheers! - Leah
Thanks. Got most of the ideas brosing away, mainly on here.

Looks good Dave,  You should be able to hang a lot of meat in there.  What are you using for heat?  I like the shelf.

Stan
Thanks. For now it is cold smoker

Shingles trimmed up,Drip cap on front over shingles antler  handle. Going to seal bottom today and move up under the trees (on some blocks and plastic to keep ground moisture out.) soon as ground freezes back up. Thawed out enough just to be slicker than snot.

Very nice cold smoker..... What MOSES asked.... how you gonna produce smoke....

May I suggest Todds AMNTS.... the big one... You will need a fair amount of smoke in that size smoker, for a long period... I think the big tube smoker produces smoke for about 6-8 hours.. not exactly sure..... or one AMNPS that you can light both ends or one end... depending on the smoke you want....

Dave

Very nice cold smoker..... What MOSES asked.... how you gonna produce smoke....

May I suggest Todds AMNTS.... the big one... You will need a fair amount of smoke in that size smoker, for a long period... I think the big tube smoker produces smoke for about 6-8 hours.. not exactly sure..... or one AMNPS that you can light both ends or one end... depending on the smoke you want....

Dave
How are you going to produce your cold smoke?
Amnps. Had it over a year.  Got a post on other in cold smoking, Chex Mix, and smoke is great. Did wonder myself on volume of smoke. Vents out the back and the way I figured was the less escape the more smoke. But also wondered if would have to adjust times on smoke because only did before in an old leaky New Braunsfeld and my 20$ Garage sale verticle Great Outdoor charcoal smoker. So far it has worked although been colder than heck mainly on cheese. You open that door which nooo smoke leaks out of and you got to let it clear or yu'll be chokin. Thanks for lookin, Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky