Cold Smoked Ice Cream

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trout ice cream? Even I wouldn't go there...
Well maybe if there was a free beer involved

Well it's been 2 weeks since I smoked the ice cream and I gave it a try tonight, and like cheese it did mellow out over time. And man was it good in a weird sort of way.
Now I wish I had done more.

Heck, I could do this in Houston. I'd just have to cut a hole in the freezer door, pipe in a little smoke.................

Wow!  I was sitting here reading and learning about cold smoking / cheeses and wondered....What if you hooked a smoke generator to a running fridge or freezer, could a person smoke ice cream? How would it taste?  Has anyone at SMF tried this? So I hit the search engine and found this thread. 

No comments in a long time so I'm left wondering if the flavor mellowed with time?

BTW - my GF thinks I'm obsessed. Gee ya think??? 
hit.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky