• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold Smoked Ice Cream

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Trout ice cream? Even I wouldn't go there...
Well maybe if there was a free beer involved

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Well it's been 2 weeks since I smoked the ice cream and I gave it a try tonight, and like cheese it did mellow out over time. And man was it good in a weird sort of way.
Now I wish I had done more.

john3198

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 2, 2009
Heck, I could do this in Houston. I'd just have to cut a hole in the freezer door, pipe in a little smoke.................

smoked alaskan

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 11, 2014
Wow!  I was sitting here reading and learning about cold smoking / cheeses and wondered....What if you hooked a smoke generator to a running fridge or freezer, could a person smoke ice cream? How would it taste?  Has anyone at SMF tried this? So I hit the search engine and found this thread. 

No comments in a long time so I'm left wondering if the flavor mellowed with time?

BTW - my GF thinks I'm obsessed. Gee ya think??? 

smoked alaskan

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 11, 2014
OK, just saw the rest of the threads. Glad to hear it mellowed after a couple weeks.

As a side note - Alaskans eat more ice cream per capita than anywhere else in USA
  haha, been waiting for a reason to use the snogo guy !

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Dan was holding out on us Peachey

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
That's pretty cool. Like his homemade smoker for sure!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.