Cold Smoke Reflections

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gavin16

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Afternoon Folks,

I've been meaning to post some of my most recent smokes within the past few weeks ago, just seems like I always get distracted.  Today's forecast has called for -5[sup]oF[/sup], with a windchill down to a pleasant -33[sup]o[/sup]F.  At least mother nature was gracious enough to give us a few inches of snow to go along with that.  Any who! It boils down to being the perfect day to reflect on some cold smoking magic, which I have become officially addicted to.  Anyone want to take a gander at how many cheese sticks are in the smoker? 
icon_biggrin.gif

Oddly enough when I smoked these a couple Wednesday's ago I actually had to turn my MES 40 ON to make sure the cheese was THAWED OUT!  It was also below 0 at that time.... Smoked them for 6 hours with Todd's Pitmaster's Choice & Pecan. Patted dry and put in ziplock bags, normally I'll vacuum seal if I know they won't be consumed too soon.  This batch went to my buddy's back in my college town, who graduated this past weekend. While these cheese sticks are a pain to unwrap individually and take forever, they are so dang good and easy to pull out of the bag to eat on a daily basis! Best part about this mailbox mod is that I can have some cheese that night or the morning after, and it still tastes delicious! No wait/resting times! 

Enjoy! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky