• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold Smoke on Blaze 40" Grill-too much venting?

jc03

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 9, 2012
I have 18# of Pop's recipe bacon I'm going to be cold smoking this weekend after a 14 day cure. I planned on using my AMZN in my grill and just not turn the grill on, it's supposed to be in the mid 60s here in Ohio Saturday so I figure I'll be good. That said there is a whole row of louvered vents along the grill's back along with the gap between the lid and backend where the grill opens and closes. Should I try and seal off some of this? I know I need some air but that is quite a bit. Any advice would be appreciated.

dan - firecraft

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 18, 2013
I think you should be okay. Can't hurt to try a burn without anything in there just to see what you might run with that much air.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.