Cold smoke fridge build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fat Old Guy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 11, 2020
I have the opportunity to get a high grade dorm style refrigerator that I would then like to mailbox and use for cold smoking. Any tips, ideas or warnings to look for? Also would it be useful to use refrigeration itself to help with cold smoking?

Thanks for looking and any assistance.

You could use refrigeration while cold smoking, but you would need forced air for airflow as there would likely not be enough heat produced for the stack effect to draft out the top vent. Do you have any pictures of the refrigerator? Is the inside plastic? There are a few members here that have made refrigerator smokers that can point you in the right direction....

Depending on where the condenser is located when you cut a hole it may not refrigerate ever again

I do not have it yet, it was offered to me last night. I guess it is a medical storage refrigerator so maybe no plastic? I am just checking out the possibilities of doing such a thing. I would most likely be using a computer fan as they are cheap and not over powering. I can post pics of it if it comes to fruition and I actually get it.

Learning as I go. Thanks

I'm a newbie, but the door seems like a very safe area to cut into to avoid refrigerant lines.

Reactions: lest1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky