Cold out this morning

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by northern greenhorn, Nov 6, 2010.

1. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

stepped out on the back porch, took a deep breath, sipped on my coffee,said to myself, I am going to make this a great day. CRAP!! Forgot to put pants on!

2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

I hate it when that happens.

We had our first frost of the year this AM.

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We have had snow already. Got pork shoulder in the smoker over night and it was mighty cold at 4am when i checked it.

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

We escaped the frost cause the wind is blowing so hard but its nippy out there. I like the cool but not when it goes from one extreme to the other so fast

5. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I love it because no more daggum mosquitos! We grow'em big in Georgia and they love squirrels. Also the gnats are bad too, but not right now! I'm assembling my outdoor "kitchen" and may not use my indoor stove for a while.

6. northern greenhorn

I want to build one next year, but that might get put off are boys are getting older, and I think we'll take them on a big family vacation, while we can

7. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It's 9 AM and my airconditioner is running. Looking for a high of 89 today.. Winter is only a few weeks long around these parts.

8. northern greenhorn

That's gonna make it awfully hard to make a snowman [​IMG]

9. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

True, but I never have to shovel sunshine.. It snows just nort of here in the mountains so there's always chances to go play in it..

10. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You aint lying!

When I was stationed at Ft Gordon, I woke up in the middle of the night, and two Georgian Mosquitoes were hovering over my cot, discussing whether they were gonna eat me there, or wait until one more of their buddies got there, so they could carry me out!

11. rp ribking

rp ribking Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Squirrel, What the Heck is an indoor stove?