Cold day so time to warm things up with Feijoada!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
I have a self imposed rule, no Feijoada should be made unless the temps stay below 40ºƒ. Well that's not problem today here in Indiana. Set about getting things put together. While the 4# brisket is in the psi cooker for an hour & 15 minutes, I sautéd some finely chopped onions, followed by garlic, juice from a number of cans of black beans, added a copious amount of chopped sausages and finally added the defatted juiced from the pressure cooked brisket. Brought to a boil for fifteen minutes before removing the heat.
IMG_4657.jpg
IMG_4663.jpg

After the brisket had cooled, the fat was removed, meat cut into 3/4 cubes and added to the pot, stirred in well and let to hard simmer for 5-7 minutes. Turned off the burner and it will set for a couple of hours to let all the flavors do their thing. Dinner is later,. It will be served on rice with an oil & tabasco sauce on the side for heat as you please, plus a side dish sliced orange rounds which pair well and serve to cut very rich Brazilian dish. Actual recipe is in the sig below.

Matt

Nice! Sounds/looks delicious and perfect for a cold weather meal! I love the sliced orange side as a pairing. I've never really thought of citrus as a side, but thinking of the rich and fatty Feijoada flavors it makes perfect sense. Big points and thank you for sharing a great recipe to bookmark!

Reactions: schlotz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky