Climbing Mt. Pastrami!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
So I forgot to post my finished pastrami pictures from when I fired up my smoker for the first time in two months last Thursday. So here are the slicing pics - rub was a mix of black pepper and Old Bay, best pastrami yet!

(kids took the pictures)

150d707f_IMG_1654.jpg

2a72198e_IMG_1657.jpg

ecd58e1b_IMG_1658.jpg

0e00d52b_IMG_1661.jpg

And here is the mountain of pastrami.... about half of the pastrami in this stack.

ef65e6ee_IMG_1659.jpg

Looks delicious Johnny! Seems like everybody is making pastrami these days. Next time you gotta try it from scratch, it has an even better flavor.

Last edited:
Good looking pastrami,  Johnny!  I'm all for some of that.  Never tried making my own, but I will now.
drool.gif

Great to see you back in action my friend. Good looking Pastrami

I was in my local resteraunt supply the other day and saw they had a corned full packer brisket........ hmmmmm a 15 lb. pastrami.......
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky