Clearance season is among us!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 21, 2017
south central Pennsylvania
Once again Walmart clearance season is here so keep your eye open for the deals! I scored a CVA wolf muzzle-loader w/ scope for 124 and today I just randomly popped into a different Walmart and I got power-belts for 11 bucks a piece and Smack-down XR sabots for 7! There hasn't been any grills on sale That I have seen. Now I think about it, I haven't seen a single Weber on the floor at Walmart. But just keep your eye open and there are great deals going on!

- Smokinq13

20200218_142549.jpg

And here's my score

Reactions: negolien
My local Walmart has Pitboss smokers marked down to $200 from $300

Nice score on your shopping trip.

Cool Have to see what our local store has

Gary

Walmart clearance is very odd.
I got a sump pump for 1/2 price about a month before our wet basement season.

Happy you got the muzzle items cheap.
Personally, I wouldn't buy any of the items you listed even at discount prices.

Out of curiosity, why you say that? What do you prefer
All of my muzzle loader buddies said to avoid Powerbelt. Nice to load, but not consistent in accuracy is their comments.

Target (lead) loads are OK for getting to know the rifle and sights.
Never use lead or lead core bullets in a muzzle for game.
The lead thing is my personal view, but I noticed the pure copper bullet holds together better in a large caliber lower velocity than a lead or lead core bullet. I don't like ruining meat by cutting out bullet fragments.
I use Barnes Spit Fire.

I have a TC Impact that my son bought me. Entry level, but it shoots extremely consistent. Problem is it was factory sighted for 250 yards. I had to drop (well spent) $ with EABrown for a better sight.

CVA has mixed reviews. None of my buddies shoot them.

Reactions: smokinq13
All of my muzzle loader buddies said to avoid Powerbelt. Nice to load, but not consistent in accuracy is their comments.

Target (lead) loads are OK for getting to know the rifle and sights.
Never use lead or lead core bullets in a muzzle for game.
The lead thing is my personal view, but I noticed the pure copper bullet holds together better in a large caliber lower velocity than a lead or lead core bullet. I don't like ruining meat by cutting out bullet fragments.
I use Barnes Spit Fire.

I have a TC Impact that my son bought me. Entry level, but it shoots extremely consistent. Problem is it was factory sighted for 250 yards. I had to drop (well spent) $ with EABrown for a better sight.

CVA has mixed reviews. None of my buddies shoot them.

Hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I mainly jumped onto these deals cuase ive been wanting to get into blackpowder hunting and whats a better way to at 50% off. Plus where i hunt, you are lucky to have a shot at 100 yards or more.. usually around 50 to 75 max , so to get a kill shot at that distance shouldn't be hard even if the bullets are a little inconsistent. But the whole lead thing, i definitely can agree with, i grabbed these just cuase I'm gonna need to be about to sight it in and worst case scenario, i got some bullets to hunt with if i don't get to buying others... the "planking bullets" i grabbed just cuase they were a couple bucks

Man i could have kicked myself in the butt! So i got this cva wolf for 124 which is roughly 50% off( good deal) but there was a cva Optima as well at this particular Walmart as well for 184, i didnt get it cuase I'm like the wolf will do everything i need it too plus its cheaper. So i was talking a buddy at work about the deal i got and how there was still that Optima there if he wanted a good deal. He said yeah I'll probably be looking into that, well never got around to it and today i asked if he went and he said no not yet. So i checked the price/availability online and it jumped from the roughly half off to 76%! They wanted only 89 bucks for the thing, i was hesitant to tell him about it cuase I'm like i could go get it and then just sell my wolf, but the good side of me was like noooo, so i told him about it and his fiancee went and snatched it up! Crazy stuff

I and the group I used to hunt with have killed a bunch of deer and hogs with Powerbelt bullets and they are copper at least all of them I've bought have been. We don't usually get shots over 100 yards and they have worked great for us. I don't get to hunt with them much anymore but I know some of them still use Powerbelts and have for over 20 years.
As for CVA the first muzzle loader I ever bought was a CVA and I have bought several more muzzle loaders including another CVA, Traditions and TC and still shoot that original CVA I bought most of the time

Reactions: smokinq13
Scored again! got a Stanley 3400 psi pressure washer for 199.00( 44% off org.) ... Being that I'll be a new home owner within the next month, I feel like this was def needed! I was skeptical about it being a Stanley branded one( Stanley isn't known for being top of the line stuff) but then I stepped back and thought a pressure washer really is only two components together, motor and pump. The engine is a Kohler Rh265, which Kohler is a decent engine brand, not a Honda but as long as you take care of it, it should do you good. I got a Cub Cadet rear tine tiller that has a Kohler powering it, so I'm not worried about that and Cub Cadet is suppose to be good equipment. Pumps on these washers are all generically made ones that are made over in another country that if it so happens to fail on me, I can order and replace it with the ease of just a couple bolts. So I'd say I'm pretty happy with this scored as well

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky