Cleaning it, take 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

munxcub

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I received a PM saying that there is trouble replying to my other thread on cleaning the WSM. So here is a repost to see if this one works.

"Just wondering if anyone has an easy way to clean this thing. What I've been doing is bringing out a tub of hot soapy water to the yard and cleaning it there but it's a pain in the butt. Does anyone have a quick and easy method for cleaning it? Cold water from the hose just makes all the fat/grease set up and stick on..."

I clean it by using a grill brush on the grates and heat it to 250*  maybe a bit hotter with poultry.  I don't want to clean off the seasoning I have on the inside.  I worked hard for that build up.  If I get any flakes, I simply wipe them down during heat up with a shop towel.  ...but to scrub out the inside with soap and water?  Not I.

To clean the outside I just use a household cleaner like simple green or greased lightning: spray it on and wipe it off with a shop towel.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky