Classic Carne Asada Street Tacos!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, me too CC, SMF is truly a great forum. I've probably looked at your tacos ten times this morning and now I have a craving for some. I keep thinking about beef and jack cheese, hot salsa on a flour tortilla, I'm torturing myself, tho can't do it. I've got a huge dino rib left from Saturday that must be eaten tonight, I don't want to freeze it and the holiday menus are in the way. Oh, the sacrifices I make! RAY

Reactions: civilsmoker
We usually do Carne Asada on the gasser cause it’s easy however the Christmas season means doing it the right way!!

So got the X-Fire prepped up with some hot coals and mesquite chunks and put the grate just a few inches above them....
View attachment 424826
All loaded up!
View attachment 424827
Turn one after about 5 mins.....the coals are HOT!
View attachment 424834
Bingo 12 mins and all done!
View attachment 424828
Carne Asada isn’t complete without grilled green onions!
View attachment 424829
Pure grilled goodness!
View attachment 424830
Sliced it thin then matched cilantro lime rice, cheese, cilantro, salsa and cojita!
View attachment 424831
Oh and for desert Carne nachos!
View attachment 424832
This is as warm a a Yule log fire!
View attachment 424833
You can sell my clothes. I think I've found heaven! Looks wonderful and deserves a big like!

Disco

Reactions: civilsmoker
Yeah, me too CC, SMF is truly a great forum. I've probably looked at your tacos ten times this morning and now I have a craving for some. I keep thinking about beef and jack cheese, hot salsa on a flour tortilla, I'm torturing myself, tho can't do it. I've got a huge dino rib left from Saturday that must be eaten tonight, I don't want to freeze it and the holiday menus are in the way. Oh, the sacrifices I make! RAY

Sorry for the torment.....lol....but a dino rib is NOT a bad substitute! I tried to find some of those today but no luck....

You can sell my clothes. I think I've found heaven! Looks wonderful and deserves a big like!

Disco

Thanks disco...I have visions of a disco ball and....well I’ll leave it at that...lol.

......now I have a craving for some. I keep thinking about beef and jack cheese, hot salsa on a flour tortilla........

RAY got a solution for you..... take that rib and pull it an bam bam pulled beef street taco!!!

Excellent looking feed bag Civil. I could down a few of those.

Point for sure
Chris

Ok are you ready for leftovers???

This is what I a carne Christmas wreath.....
A8757A68-48AC-4960-B530-7C5B2D3B594D.jpeg

Each carne Christmas wrap has carne, cheese, roasted jalapeño, cilantro lime rice, roasted tomato salsa, & cotija, then grilled. Each wrap is covered in melted cheese, queso, salsa, green onions, cilantro, & cotija.
0D25E519-4852-46FF-8099-C1ECF51A2281.jpeg

And to keep the celebration alive.....a Christmas sugar cookie complements of the wife and daughter!!!
28A27929-5478-4FCC-B4F1-1F28C54E86A0.jpeg

Well all the carne is gone so until next time.....and there will be a next time!

God those just look amazing!! Now I'm kinda thinking I may have to get some meat marinating to do those for our Christmas Eve dinner this evening. We just love that sort of stuff...basically anything that resembles a taco is perfection in our book, and yours look nothing short of perfect!! Excellent job.

Robert

That looks insanely good! Carne asada tacos are my absolute favorite!
Thanks 73! Tacos are a staple in our house! Have them on a regular basis just simple good flavors!

God those just look amazing!! Now I'm kinda thinking I may have to get some meat marinating to do those for our Christmas Eve dinner this evening. We just love that sort of stuff...basically anything that resembles a taco is perfection in our book, and yours look nothing short of perfect!! Excellent job.

Robert

Robert thanks! Oh they would make a perfect Christmas Eve dinner! We do these about every 3 weeks so have a bit of practice down. Using the X-Fire for them was a first and it WON’T be the last! My wife makes the queso and salsa from scratch so we get “our” flavors! To me they are as good as flavors as ANY meal can be!

Good luck if you are grilling this evening and Merry Christmas!

Yankee thanks for the like, it is much appreciated.....

Excellent! IMO, street tacos are one of life's best simple pleasures.

Thanks MN! It's not just your opinion....street tacos ARE one of life's best simple pleasures....see if two say it then its a proven fact!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky