Cigar/Pipe Smokers Unite!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I started enjoying cigars sometime last year, and try to have 1 or 2 per week.  I try not to light one up when the kids are outside, or if I have people over playing pong in the garage, as I can't enjoy the cigar as much when I'm not sitting down.  I enjoy puffing on one when I'm alone, with the grill/smoker running, sipping on some CR & Coke, or run if I'm out. 

Since I've been smoking just over a year, I've only had so many cigars, and can't say I have a favorite just yet.  These are some of the one's I've been smoking the most:

AF Deluxe Curly Head (natural) - started smoking these at first, liked the flavor, but quickly moved on since it now reminds me of a Backwoods.  I stay away from these now.

DE Acid - Also one of the first sticks I'd smoke, but now can't stand the infused type, as I'm more interested in the natural stuff.

Sancho Panza - I like these, but they have a little too much spice for my taste.  I will pick one up occasionally if I'm in the mood

R&J Gran Reserva - nice and light, but found that the draw is a little too hard, and not much smoke.  For the pricepoint, I'll stay away

CAO Brazilia - I've had a maduro before, and the richness kept me away.  When I tried the Brazilia, I couldn't believe how smooth and delicious it was.  Love these

Brick House (Haus?) - good cigar.  I can't find these in a lot of places, but do enjoy them.

Saint Luis Rey (natural Churchill) - This is one of my favorites.  It has a nice blend of smoothness and a little bite.  For the price, this is one of my "go to" sticks

Punch - Most of these that I've tried are too spicy for me, but maybe I just haven't had the right one yet. 

Macanudo - only had a few, but definitely a great stick, but too expensive for me.

I try not to spend over 6-7 bucks on a cigar, so my selection is somewhat limited, but there's definitely enough cigars in this category to satisfy my taste. 

Was hoping you guys could recommend a stick I can smoke later today, as I'll have some alone time.  Not sure if the info above helps. 

Thanks.

Martin

I've been on a Cohiba kick lately.  I did have a Padron 45th Maduro last night and loved it.  However, that is pricey so it is a speical occasion deal only.  I bought 1 to try and now I'm about to buy a box for my wedding. 

I try not to spend over 6-7 bucks on a cigar, so my selection is somewhat limited, but there's definitely enough cigars in this category to satisfy my taste. 

Was hoping you guys could recommend a stick I can smoke later today, as I'll have some alone time.  Not sure if the info above helps. 

Thanks.

Martin
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne sounds like something you would love.

Also just about anything by Camacho though most of their stuff is stong, if you want something mild/medium go for their Connecticut line if your store has them.

Don Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro, this is a medium/full stick, if you liked the Brazillia you should like this.

banana_smiley.gif
 I couldn't afford the fancy stuff either when I was smoking
rolleyes.gif

Have fun and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky