CI Piggy Pasta on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn that looks good Ray. I've never seen that cheese, but I'll be looking. Gary

Thanks Gary! I'd never heard of that cheese before either, which is most likely why it sat in the corner of the fridge for six months. It's got a nice wine scent to it, and even tho the texture is soft it worked surprising well on the grater. I'm pretty sure it came from Sam's Club. Thanks for the Like Gary, much appreciated. RAY

Thanks Gary! I'd never heard of that cheese before either, which is most likely why it sat in the corner of the fridge for six months. It's got a nice wine scent to it, and even tho the texture is soft it worked surprising well on the grater. I'm pretty sure it came from Sam's Club. Thanks for the Like Gary, muc appreciated. RAY
Yes I got mine from sams

I wanted to get a wedge of that cheese. But their shipping is stupid $$$ Damn near 3 times the cost of the cheese. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through your cook.

I wanted to get a wedge of that cheese. But their shipping is stupid $$$ Damn near 3 times the cost of the cheese. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through your cook.

My wife's telling me the person who gave it to us got it from Costco Steve. RAY

Reactions: Steve H
Thanks Steve! I found retirement gives me time to do just about everything I want to do, whether or not it really needs to be done. Now even my wife is getting a little pumped for some CI dishes thanks to one of my amigos (John). Thank you for the Like Steve, I do appreciate it. RAY

Daaaaayummm Ray!! That looks fantastic my friend. Superb way to break in that CI skillet without doubt!! It's great too that your wife enjoys the CI cooked food. Always easier in indulge in our hobbies when we have the support of the wife.

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
I wanted to get a wedge of that cheese. But their shipping is stupid $$$ Damn near 3 times the cost of the cheese. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through your cook

Steve...if you don't have a Costco near by or some other place to get that cheese I'll look next time I go to Costco. If they have it I'll gram you a block and mail it to you. Shipping won't be near as bad I can promise that!!

Robert

Steve...if you don't have a Costco near by or some other place to get that cheese I'll look next time I go to Costco. If they have it I'll gram you a block and mail it to you. Shipping won't be near as bad I can promise that!!

Robert

No need. I appreciate it though. They have some at a BJ's not far from work. And that remind me. I still owe you.

Daaaaayummm Ray!! That looks fantastic my friend. Superb way to break in that CI skillet without doubt!! It's great too that your wife enjoys the CI cooked food. Always easier in indulge in our hobbies when we have the support of the wife.
Big LIKE!! Robert

Thank you Robert! Well now I know what to do when I cook a little something up that's not so little and I have some leftovers, like smoking a big chicken. Hey, that's another great thing about the flat top, there's never any leftovers! Thanks for the Like Robert, much appreciated. RAY

That is a mighty FINE looking CI meal Ray. I think I'll steal that one. Lodge opens up their factory for tours during the cornbread festival which is about an hour from my house here in TN. I've done the tour twice. Talk about CI heaven!

Dave

That is a mighty FINE looking CI meal Ray. I think I'll steal that one. Lodge opens up their factory for tours during the cornbread festival which is about an hour from my house here in TN. I've done the tour twice. Talk about CI heaven! Dave

Thanks Dave. I used to have a nice little collection of CI gear that slowly fell by the wayside (my son's truck bed) until all had had left was a really heavy 12" skillet I used to use for searing after sous vide. I got these little eight inchers from Cabelas for free. RAY

That browned cheese on top is what dreams are made of, looks great Ray!

Thanks Tander, like I stated, I think that cheese was the star of this cook. It certainly browned up and provided a great flavor as opposed to the mozzarella topped skillet I did last night which we thought was so bland it's not getting posted. You never know, not everything always works out the way you expect when layering. You might think there's room for two only to get halfway done to find there's only room in the skillet for one layer. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: tander28
That is one fine looking meal Ray. Great idea!

Thanks Denny, it was a good first shot out of the bag. Didn't follow up last night but now I have a couple of new ideas to incorporate that hippie wine cheese. Thank you for the like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Wow what a great CI dish. Gave me some memories of my grandmother who did just stew tomatoes and mac then sprinkled with sugar. Warren

Thank you Birthday Boy, and thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky