CI Pan Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Looked for a section to post this but seems there is no Cast Iron section or I just missed it.

The kid wanted pizza so I had some pizza dough made from my bread starter. Just enough for a 12" cast iron frying pan. Laid it out nice in the pan and preheated the oven to 400F. Cooked the crust for 5 minutes and then took it back out to add all the fixings. Pizza sauce, Pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, some cooked mild italian sausage with out the casings. Lots of cheese and back into the oven at 400F for 19 minutes. I got one small piece and the kid got the rest :emoji_astonished:

i0mO9Dj.jpg

Looks good!
I made my 1st (plus 2nd, 3rd and 4th since) CI pan pizza a couple weeks ago and can't see buying pre-made pizza now. I'm going to pick up a CI or carbon steel pizza pan for future use.

Reactions: JC in GB
Looks good!
I made my 1st (plus 2nd, 3rd and 4th since) CI pan pizza a couple weeks ago and can't see buying pre-made pizza now. I'm going to pick up a CI or carbon steel pizza pan for future use.
These work good

CI 14" pizza pan
From making pizza
lQicUH0.jpg

aoITH6f.jpg

To frying burgers

Last edited:
Pizza steels are replacing pizza stones in many kitchens, and deep dish pizza is often made in a CI skillet.

I used my CI skillet just last night to reheat leftover pizza. It is the first technique I've found that produces pizza that tastes and crunches like it did when the pizza was fresh. I heat the skillet to over 400 degrees (using an IR thermometer to measure surface temps). I put as many slices in as will fit and then cover the pan. I check after five minutes, just to make sure the temps are still between 400 and 500 degrees. Total reheat time is usually around ten minutes, or whenever I get too hungry to wait.

The crust comes out totally crunchy, and the toppings are heated, but not burned. Not a hint of sogginess.

Reactions: KBFlyer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky