CI Cook With My Son!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great, Justin!!
Glad you're getting all the time with your Son!!
I did no cooking with My Son, because I didn't start cooking until I was 60, and he was in his 30s.
Our spendings of time were pretty much limited to Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, and Woodworking.
He picked up a lot of indoor & outdoor cooking on his own, including with his Big Green Egg.
Keep up the Great Work, Justin!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Fine looking work there Justin and time well spent, what could be better that! Next up teach your boy how to grill a burger, when he leaves the nest he'll be in for a lot more burgers than surf and turf. RAY

Wow Justin. The food looks great but even better than that is the experience with your son. Congrats on an excellent gesture and beautiful meal. Well done my friend.

Robert

Steak and lobster....."not a fancy thread".....check lol

Heck of a job to you and the son Justin. Teamwork makes the dream work

Ha!

Thanks for the kind words my friend, appreciate it! It was a fun cook!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Making a great meal and great memories Justin!
That looks WONDERFUL.
Now the real question?
Who cleaned up 😃?

Keith

Thanks for the kind words and like Keith, much appreciated my friend!

Haha, honestly was myself and the boy… I love seafood but IMO it has to be cleaned up quick or gets smelly! Also, you don’t wanna get “the look” when Mama gets home! 😂

Reactions: 912smoker
Thats awesome Justin!! Thats a meal fit for two kings!!. Great way to spend some time just the two of you! ... You know I'm passionate about spending time in the kitchen with my boys so I'm giving this thread an EXTRA BIG LIKE!!

Travis, thank you for the very kind words! I firmly believe that spending time with the young ones in the kitchen will be a lifelong benefit to them! Appreciate the like as well my friend!

Awesome job looks very good. Glad your teaching him how to cook for when he's out on his own but I think he said something about Dad buying his steak and lobster to cook for those meals lol

Appreciate that Sir!

Ha, yes he may have mentioned that… but I figured when we hang out like this once in a while, we can splurge a bit!

Reactions: 912smoker
Wow! That is awesome! Nothing better than teaching your son and making amazing memories…unless you’re doing it with steak and Lobster!!!! You’re definitely raising your kids the right way, why go out to diner when it tastes better and is cheaper here? Great meal, invaluable memory!

Thank you Jed, we sure enjoyed cooking this together and having some guy time! When it’s guy time, we tend to splurge a bit… but he’s a good kid so figured every once in a while it’s worth a splurge! Appreciate the kind words and like!

Reactions: bauchjw
Now that’s how you build a relationship with the boy for sure......heck that’s how you become my good friend right there!

We had fun civil, try to make good memories! Ha, appreciate the kind words and like… BTW, you’d be welcome the next go around my friend!

Reactions: civilsmoker
Very nice . Yup . I've been cooking with mine since he was really young .
He can turn out some great grub . Nice lookin out on your part .

Thank you Sir, I believe kitchen time is important for them to learn! Sounds like yours definitely benefited from that.

Appreciate the kind words and like!

Appreciate that Sir!

Ha, yes he may have mentioned that… but I figured when we hang out like this once in a while, we can splurge a bit!

Justin I certainly agree with that spend all the time you can with him now before he gets old enough to think it ain't cool to hang with Dad. Then away at college so no time when he does come home or goes to work and no time then starts a family and again no spare time. I do think at around 25-30 they figure out hanging with Dad ain't so bad again

From my mother-in-law to grandchildren, I have family over at our house to eat at least 4 nights every week and cherish the memories we're making. Nice job on creating memories, the teaching, and the food...

That is what it’s all about, making the memories and glad you have that opportunity!

Appreciate ya dropping a line, the kind words and like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky