CI Cook With My Son!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, so the wife and daughter were away for a couple days. Took the son out to eat one night… and it was good stuff! A specialty ramen place.

That being said, I want my kiddos when they leave the nest to know the basic in’s and outs of cooking!

Not a lot of pics due to still teaching my son, so my focus was on that!

Anyway, here is what we come up with! Blackened NY Strip and blackened lobster tail!

We heated up the CI skillet with butter… Everything is better with butter right?

We cooked the NY to just a bit shy of wanted IT and set aside to rest for a few!

Then we cleaned out the CI and added more butter for the lobster! Knowing lobster cooks fast, we kept it rolling around in the butter til it turned the reddish color and pulled! Split the tail and added a butter/blackening mix.

Here is what we ended up with! Was a tasty meal, and enjoyed the time with my kiddo!

59195022-8021-4A23-B6D8-F7D8C8CCBE00.jpeg
B6E4BB94-D450-4E37-9F7D-0C4A262895F1.jpeg
22DBFA96-7A5D-41DB-9BDC-29D2393857C9.jpeg

Not a fancy thread by any means, but had a blast with my son cooking this up!

Appreciate ya looking!

Thats awesome Justin!! Thats a meal fit for two kings!!. Great way to spend some time just the two of you! ... You know I'm passionate about spending time in the kitchen with my boys so I'm giving this thread an EXTRA BIG LIKE!!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Awesome job looks very good. Glad your teaching him how to cook for when he's out on his own but I think he said something about Dad buying his steak and lobster to cook for those meals lol

Looks amazing! Glad you're making memories while teaching him life skills!

Thank you Sir, the wife and I try to teach our kids the best we can while making memories! Appreciate ya dropping a line and the like!

Wow! That is awesome! Nothing better than teaching your son and making amazing memories…unless you’re doing it with steak and Lobster!!!! You’re definitely raising your kids the right way, why go out to diner when it tastes better and is cheaper here? Great meal, invaluable memory!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
From my mother-in-law to grandchildren, I have family over at our house to eat at least 4 nights every week and cherish the memories we're making. Nice job on creating memories, the teaching, and the food...

That's awesome Justin! And a great night making memories with your son! That is one terrific looking plate of food!
Now, I need some brushing up on my basic life skills...I'll be right over! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky