Chucky. It's a Halloween thing.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks,
Yesterday was chucky day.
20221008_051617.jpg

Gave it a rub of SPOG, paprika, and worsy sauce.

20221008_080748.jpg

Browned in a CI Dutch oven with bacon grease. Then added a can of beef broth, more worsy sauce. And onions. Added a couple cups of water.
Brought to a boil. Then set on low. Cooked for 7 hours. Probed for tenderness. Then lowered to simmer.

20221008_051442.jpg

Also got a batch of beans going in the crock pot.
3 bags frozen beans
1/2 pound thick bacon. Cooked until crispy. Drained on paper towels. Reserve grease.
Large onion diced.
Put beans in crock . And enough water to cover them.
Add bacon and onions.
Add 3 tbs of bacon grease.
Cook on high for 6 hours.
Add salt and pepper to taste
Then reduce to low heat until beans are almost ruined. That's the idea with these!
Remove chucky. Skim oil from liquid in Dutch oven. Bring to boil. And add a slurry of water with corn starch until thickened.
Place roast back in Dutch oven.

20221008_184808.jpg

Heaven on a plate here!

Oh man! Add a biscuit or two or some crusty bread to sop up them juices and this fat boy would be in hog heaven. Pure comfort food right there.

Jim

Looks mighty tasty from my neck of the woods Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice Steve . Great meal bud . I need to thaw some beef .
Thanks Chop!
Looks good!
Thanks Justin!
That's gonna happen soon, real soon. Very nice, Steve...
Thanks Charles!

Oh man! Add a biscuit or two or some crusty bread to sop up them juices and this fat boy would be in hog heaven. Pure comfort food right there.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

looks and sounds so good! great looking plate! thanks for sharing it!
Thank you!

Looks mighty tasty from my neck of the woods Steve.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

That pate shot is universal language for delicious. Nice meal Steve.
Thanks!

Damn now I have to bust-out the cast iron Dutch oven and cook a pot roast...

That looks awesome!

If I'm ever on life support, just puree up a big batch of that and put it in my IV bag so that I can go out happy. Put some green beans in the mix too please, as those are my favorite veg and that is the best way to cook them, though I like to add a bunch of baby red taters in the pot too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky