Chucky Burnt ends in the rain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masssmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Been a drought in these parts but for today it is raining pretty good. I was away most of the weekend but wanted to do some Chucky Burnt ends today.
Decided to power through the rain, with a tent over the smoker. Been on an hour and a half, starting to take some nice color. Will be putting them in a foil pan in an hour or so...
IMG-1774.jpg
IMG-1772.jpg

Reactions: jaxgatorz and tbern
Nice going! I'v got some St louis in the WSM for my daughters Bday as I type. We had a high chance of rain so I moved my WSM under the porch before lighting coals.... good move.. it's pouring here in SC.

My question to you.
Did you just randomly cut that chuckie up or did you follow muscle and trim fat and connective tissue as you went?
They look great and it gives me an idea for these beef csr's I get at Food Lion here.

Didn't get a finished picture, but they came out awesome.
Was very happy with them.

Side note the tent took too much rain water on it and collapsed over night. Strange because it was draining fine all day.

Glad it turned out good for you!! Just good tent didn't collapse on the grill!

I know it! Strange because all day it was draining fine, but I think overnight it really poured and it must have collected until the frame just gave way. Oh, well.

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky