Chuckie - Puff Pastry Rolled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, in the land of it never happened, Yesterday, the chuckies took forever to get to 200, a real stall this time.  Did everything you said to do.  Came out excellent, but my egg wash didn't turn it as brown as I thought it would.  Got only one suggestion, perhaps as an addition to your instructions:  Spray the foil before setting the meat log on the foil.  It might not stick as much.  I don't have much experience with pastry from scratch and baking so it was not an obvious thing to do.  With just the two of us, there's enough for two dinner settings, in the land of never happened.  Next time maybe. SWMBO said that this would really be great with turkey, chicken and on and on.  And me with a new-to-me Tillia Vac Sealer.......

That looks good my man! Im kicking myself for not getting a chuckie last week when they were on sale. Nice smoke ring btw 
points.gif

Chris

Sweet mercy that thing looks delicious.  I liken it to an alien ship crashing on earth and then beautiful alien women emerging like in those bizarre old scifi movies from MST3K...in other words, something so good coming in such an unusual package.  Maybe a bit of a stretch, sorry. 

Nice work - someone needs to invent an internet scratch-n-sniff because i bet those things smelled twice as good as they looked.

Man oh Man.  I didnt really have enough to do, now I've got to do this .  This place is kind of like marriage counseling.  I come here read about something delicious, smoke it, happy wife.... 

Great job, looks incredibly delicious. 

We always keep some puff pastry in the freezer for a quick easy dinner. One of my favorites is smoked chuck, fresh baby spinish, lots of fresh garlic, provolone, and a little parmessan. We like to roll it up like a cinnimon roll and cut it into chunks about 2" long. Then arange them like you would cinimon rolls brush the tops with egg wash and cook them up. Super tastey and they look really elegant like a pinwheel.

Reactions: thunderdome
Dear Mr.Dome,

It has come to my attention that you have produced a "mircale" with a Chuckie and upon further review the ruling of the fourm stands. That is Bloody Outstanding!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky