• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuckie on the weber kettle w/ Q-View

julius

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 4, 2016
Hey folks,
I'm doing my first chuckie today on my weber kettle. Got it set up with a combination of minion/snake for a long/slow burn using kingsford blue bag and hickory. Rubbed it down with SPOG. I've got it rolling TBS and holding steady at 256*-258* and it's about 3 1/2 lbs. I put it on above a pan full of water at about 10:50am and I'm thinking it'll take about 8 hours to hit 200*IT.
AND
I'm probably gonna throw on some boneless skinless breasts later on(any suggestions on how to keep them from drying out are greatly appreciated).

Now for the really reason you clicked on my post. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 27, 2014
Very nice!  As far as your question on boneless chicken breasts, try wrapping in thin sliced bacon to help prevent drying out.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Mmmm chuckie! If I do boneless skinless breasts there cut into strips wrapped in bacon and some get sauced as well.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
I seen someone post some cheese stuffed and bacon wrapped breasts not long ago as well.:drool

julius

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 4, 2016
I'm pretty excited for this chuckie!
But I don't have any bacon. [emoji]128555[/emoji]
Any other ideas?

julius

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 4, 2016
I seen someone post some cheese stuffed and bacon wrapped breasts not long ago as well.:drool
That sounds amazing I did that with some mini fatties not too long ago in my MES. Came out great!

julius

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 4, 2016
I was running low on time before dinner so I foiled it at 165*IT to help it through the stall. And just pulled it off at 202*. Chicken breasts are on and chuckie is taking a nap. [emoji]128513[/emoji]
Also made some potato salad and gonna open a can of bush's baked beans. I can't help but salivate just thinking about it! Stay tuned!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Looks great! I always pull as well.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That looks fantastic!

Nice job!

Al

ndwildbill

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 20, 2015
The chuckie looks great!  I have found that brining boneless, skinless chicken breasts helps them stay moist...of course wrapping in bacon makes everything better!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.