Chuck Roast Tacos Using 2 New Toys.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you or sharing!!!

Question for you... After your 9.5 hour cook (7 in smoker and 2.5 in oven) did you let it rest, or did you shred right away?

I am looking to smoke a Chuck this weekend to put into some Arepas and just want to make sure I get the timing right and get it to shred without being dry.

Thank you :)

Thank You!!! As for the chuck roast, or any chuck roast that I do, I finish them in the oven in a covered foil pan with some kind of braising liquid.

But yes, I do rest them before shredding them, usually about an hour or two but they will stay warm for hours. In this post, I shredded the meat and put it in the oven on a lower temperature so I could get the homemade tortillas done because they can get time consuming. With the meat shredded and covered, you don't have to worry about it drying out because it's in a lot of liquid.

Either way, you'll be in good shape once your chuck roast becomes probe tender.

Reactions: BBQ Warlock
Those tacos look amazingly good. I'd say you have a pretty good set up there with the new toys. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
Would you be willing to share your Chile de arbol sauce recipe? I am always looking for new stuff to try and that looks good.

Thank you! This is an older post but I'm still rocking both the gravity feed and the tortilla press.

Here's the recipe for the Chile de arbol sauce. It's toward the bottom of the thread. I have the ingredients listed with a little play by play in the pictures. It could get pretty spicy! The spice level has varied for me for different batches. If you make it, let me know what you think? I keep it stored in the fridge.

Reactions: hooked on smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky