Chuck roast chili...lots of beans!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WHAT?? I thought everyone kept a bowl of bacon grease in their fridge...🤣

Anyway, you win!! That chili looks fantastic...😋
Thank you! I appreciate it! Sorry, I just about missed replying to you. Somehow that act of saving some grease sounds good but the follow through part kinda gets lost! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Ryan, Outstanding! We just finished my last pot of chili. Do you mind if I snitch your think'in on this? I just believe it may find its way into my kitchen.

Question tho, What is top
"1 top cumin
2 top smoked paprika
2 top oregano
1 top unsweetened cocoa
2 top white sugar"
I assume the top to the spice jar, can you give a better approx volume measurement +/-?
Thank you and it's appreciated! And that makes you a better proofreader than me and my autocorrect being an overachiever! It's fixed now but was supposed to be tsp not top lol!

Ryan

Reactions: olecrosseyes
Wow! That just jumps off the screen. Nice bowl of red.
Thanks Brian! It was your thread on chili recipes finally got me to post this. But as mentioned earlier I started with Jake's recipe as a base and tweaked from there.

Ryan

Nice job Ryan!
The chili looks excellent!
It is cold down here in FL too, so yesterday we also made chili, but we used hot Italian sausage, cubed brisket, & burnt ends for the meat. We just used what we had in the house. Too cold to go to the store! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I am a no beans in chili kind of guy, but this looks really good. Nice work for sure.
Thank you! I guess when ya grow up eating certain things it's hard to change!

Ryan

Seconds!?!?!?! I'd be throwing elbows for thirds!
Jim
There's still a little bit left Jim! :emoji_blush: Seems alot of food was made recently...there was the other half of the chuck roast that was shredded, mashed taters and gravy. A big batch of chicken noodle soup...meatballs and scalloped corn and some hamburger cheese dip.

Ryan

Nice job Ryan!
The chili looks excellent!
It is cold down here in FL too, so yesterday we also made chili, but we used hot Italian sausage, cubed brisket, & burnt ends for the meat. We just used what we had in the house. Too cold to go to the store! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al
Thanks Al, I appreciate it! Chili definitely tastes good when it's cold and yours sounds pretty tasty as well!

Ryan

Ryan sounds like what our 2 fridges look like parts of 32 different cooks still floating around in them.
I keep saying I'm going to bag and freeze some of it , but no I just keep picking at it :emoji_yum: :emoji_grin: :emoji_smiling_imp:

David
Almost makes it hard to choose!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky