Chuck Eyes Bears way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Chuck Eyes one the best steaks if you can find. Did Bearcarver Bearcarver way and turned out Great

20201212_191003.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. We love them but are hard to find most of the time, wife brought home NY strips and I marinated them in Teriyaki sauce for supper tonight, they were ok but would rather of had the CE, also used the gas grill so lost a little flavor vs charcoal/wood , I plan on finding me a tri tip soon no matter how far I have to drive.

Love chuck eyes . Those look fantastic . I had a guy that used to cut them for me , but he retired . The other guys don't want to cut them , or they probably take them home .

Looks Great, Brian!!
I like cutting them in strips, like that, because My Grill doesn't get super hot, and this makes it possible to get the outside nice & Charred, while keeping the inside Med/Rare.
Many of you can do that with a whole Steak---I can't.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Looks Great, Brian!!
I like cutting them in strips, like that, because My Grill doesn't get super hot, and this makes it possible to get the outside nice & Charred, while keeping the inside Med/Rare.
Many of you can do that with a whole Steak---I can't.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Was wondering why you did that. Thought get more charred sides. it worked good.

Was wondering why you did that. Thought get more charred sides. it worked good.

Yup---More charred sides is an added bonus.
But My problem was when I did a whole steak in one piece, it was hard for me to get any of it charred, without getting the inside done more than we like it done.

These Strips make it Fast & Easy, even on my "Q"!!

Bear

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky