Chuck and Ox's Big Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well now, that looks great already!

I would question the presentation of the peppers though...
It looks like somebody has been playing with his food. o_O

Well now, that looks great already!

I would question the presentation of the peppers though...
It looks like somebody has been playing with his food. o_O

Ehhh, they just landed like that when I dumped them out of the bag from the grocery store :p

Reactions: SonnyE

Attachments

• 20181013_134652.jpg
    20181013_134652.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: SmokinAl
I like big chunks of meat in my chili, but that is a little to big for my spoon. :)

Chris

I like big chunks of meat in my chili, but that is a little to big for my spoon. :)
Chris

Lol. After a good long simmer I separated the meat from the bone and connective tissue. Not a whole lot of meat on them in the end but it was for flavor. I usually use a big shank, decided to try the ox tail this time.

That is going to taste amazing. It just has to.
It turned out good, but not quite where I wanted it. I typically add a bit of hot Italian sausage to my chili, this time whatever brand I used was a little sweeter than most and it unfortunately is noticeable in the finished product. Totally edible and tasty but a bit of a fail nonetheless. Could have used another jalapeño or 2 too ;)

Now that looks really good to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

Looks great I thought it was going to be Osso Buco when I seen the tail.Likes
Richie

That is some delicious looking chili!
Nice job & congrats on making the carousel!
Al
Wow! Thanks Al! Turned out pretty good, the slight sweet flavor I mentioned above dimmed out after sitting in the fridge o/n.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky