Christmas surprise!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bryan b

Original poster
May 23, 2017
Burlington NJ
So my wife and her father teamed up to surprise me with a 18.5” WSM for Christmas. I had no idea. I’m not sure if the room was dusty but I might have shed a tear. I can’t wait to fire this up. It will blow my Walmart ECB out of the water.

Attachments

• 9C03C7B1-87A6-482C-B4E2-B47505F9AED6.jpeg
    9C03C7B1-87A6-482C-B4E2-B47505F9AED6.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 57
One of the most user friendly smokers on the market. I wouldn't give my 22 up for anything. Looking forward to your first cook.

Chris

Ive done 6 smokes or so on the Walmart bullet so far. Only ribs of various flavors. Ive been dying to do a nice fat brisket but was afraid to on the ECB because of how much trouble I had keeping temperature. With this I know I wont have one bit of trouble, aside from picking what to cook and eat. So probably some ribs first followed soon after by that brisket I have been longing for. He also got me a pair of cooking gauntlets and a Maverick remote thermometer. I cant wait!

Congratulations on the new smoker! WSM is an awesome smoker! I love mine, made jerky with it last weekend!
Lets see some pic of it in action. Just FYI the first few smokes you will probably run a little hot that is just the WSM. after smoke 4 or 5 it will settle down a bit for you.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

So my wife and her father teamed up to surprise me with a 18.5” WSM for Christmas. I had no idea. I’m not sure if the room was dusty but I might have shed a tear. I can’t wait to fire this up. It will blow my Walmart ECB out of the water.

I've only done 2 smokes on mine. Also got it for Christmas. Can't wait to do more. I think it's the best thing I've ever used for cooking. I only wish I could use it more often.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky