Christmas Shopping Deadline

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I will have it done by the end of next week. Hooray for me! I can agree that shopping is not fun when you have to deal with the mall chaos... thats why I think gift cards are perfect ways to say "Merry Christmas". You can't go wrong with gift cards. Do you hand out gift cards too during Christmas?

Did you know that you can go grocery shopping and Christmas shopping at the same time now? They have a lot of gift cards in the grocery stores now!

I was at a bar one Christmas Eve "shopping". When my cell phone rang I politely asked everyone to be quiet because it was my wife!! Didn't go over too well to say the least. Anyways...last minute shopper is the point of my story. Usually start and finish a day or two before Xmas.

Geez, I almost hate to mention the fact that Ma Dutch and me finished up our shopping Dec. 1st. which is a first for us as we're usually scrambling at the last minute. . .

Well Congrats...I also finished up with candy and gift cards.
They have these huge racks at Safeway with over 250 gift cards from a bunch a different stores. That sure is a lot! Have you ran into these huge racks at your stores filled with gift cards? They got good stores too like Home Depot, Best Buy, Sears...etc.

DINGLE, that might help you knock out that Christmas shopping quick enough to get back to the VIP shopping area at the bar...:-p

SmokingGrill, I too have seen these racks. Be nice to stand in front of one of these, start and finish your shopping all at once. One store-one rack, done. Anyways......won't happen. Today is only the 12th. I still have 11 or 12 days before in need to start shopping.

Dingle-
It is a nice convenience to have a one stop shop. Really helps with the last minute shopping. Have fun shopping...In 12 days. :-p If your still "shopping" at 1 in the morning on Christmas Eve...I take it your wife will know your not "shopping" and be outside the bar with a smile. :-p

You might be surprised to find out some stores have already advanced to the next season, Went to Lowes here in Summerville, sc and found almost ALL of the racks completely bare getting ready for the reset for next season. NOTHING in the racks, Some leftover not so fast seller stuff was all that was left out. That was Dec 10!! Christmas isn't here yet and they are out of it

When do the seasons really begin/end???

Virgo

Wow! They were completely out of all gift cards already ? Guess everyone was trying to avoid those malls then and shop in their grocery stores then, huh. :-p I take it your grocery stores weren't offering as much as Safeway did then. Safeway had over 250 different gift cards. That's is a big selection!

I would imagine that each store has a certain amount in stock and based on when they run out, they would start their next season stock. Sorry your stores ran out of stock before you could take advantage of that convenience.

Hope you still had a happy shopping experience!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky