Christmas in August - New Griddle - Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I about did! I couldn't believe it when dude told me $199.00. Cant even barely buy a used blackstone for that!
When I bought my 28 blackstone they had 9 on the shelf . $ 99.00 each . Almost got 2 . On the way out I saw a 14 " WSM for $99.00 also . So I bought both for 200 bucks .

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Excellent looking smash burgers, and great score on the griddle. At first glance I thought you seasoned it with a lite beer!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome Score, John!!
Now you gotta eat more, or have more guests!!
Wouldn't be right to only make two burgers on that Steel Gridiron!!
Where's the Goalposts!!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks John! This thing is a machine its going to get a lot of use! My gas grill is going to hate me lol

When I bought my 28 blackstone they had 9 on the shelf . $ 99.00 each . Almost got 2 . On the way out I saw a 14 " WSM for $99.00 also . So I bought both for 200 bucks .

That's a hell of a deal on both! Smokers are already on clearance at wal-mart and they said the blackstones here in a couple weeks so keep an eye out.

How do you store your blackstone? Do you have a hard or soft cover and do you keep it inside or outside? Been looking into all that want to make sure this thing is around for a long time!

Excellent looking smash burgers, and great score on the griddle. At first glance I thought you seasoned it with a lite beer!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Lol I don't think the lite beer would have given me that non stick surface I was going for but they def went down cold.

I've got this thing setup in my garage at the moment and the beer fridge is only a few steps away...dangerous yet so much more convenient!

I bought the Blackstone cover . Stays on the patio under a roof .

I used mine in the garage at first . Handy in the winter time . Doubles as a heater !

I bought the Blackstone cover . Stays on the patio under a roof .

I used mine in the garage at first . Handy in the winter time . Doubles as a heater !

They say the camp chef covers are garbage and I really don't want this thing sitting out in the weather. Mine is in the garage now but kinda limited on space out there. Thinking about getting a hard cover and a decent soft one as well see how well that keeps the weather out.

They say the camp chef covers are garbage and I really don't want this thing sitting out in the weather. Mine is in the garage now but kinda limited on space out there. Thinking about getting a hard cover and a decent soft one as well see how well that keeps the weather out.

I've got some available garage space. That is if you don't mind the short commute. :emoji_laughing:

Chris

Reactions: Bearcarver
I don't know about their griddle covers, but their smoker covers has handled everything the weather could throw at it and my abusing it going on/off for three years.
It's still in one piece and no holes, but heavily sun bleached and stained.
Time to replace it.

Last edited:
I don't about their griddle covers, but their smoker covers has handled everything the weather could throw at it and my abusing it going on/off for three years.
It's still in one piece and no holes, but heavily sun bleached and stained.
Time to replace it.

I too keep my SV24 outside using the camp chef cover and I have never had an issue with water getting in. Mine has been out there for about 3 1/2 years and I had to replace the cover a few months ago...was starting to dry rot and I ripped a hole in it where the handle is taking the cover off. As far as the griddle goes just nervous about water getting on that griddle top and rusting it.

The Black stone cover is heavy duty . It has a coating on the backside / inside . I think the key to anything left outside is to use it , or at least run it now and again . No rust on mine yet .

The Black stone cover is heavy duty . It has a coating on the backside / inside . I think the key to anything left outside is to use it , or at least run it now and again . No rust on mine yet .

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. Going to order a cover today and see how it does. Supposed to rain this weekend

Couple pics of some cooks I have done this week. Teriyaki chicken(burnt the rice) and then last nights beef and broccoli. Best beef and broccoli I have ever had. Didn't get any pics of the fried rice cooks.
G11.jpg

G12.jpg

G13.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky