Christmas Gift Rollcall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danno44

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
I searched and didn’t find a general “what did you get for Christmas” thread (if there is a mod can delete or move).
I thought of starting this catch all thread where folks can share what they received as a Christmas and/or holiday gift pertaining to grilling/smoking/BBQ/cooking etc.
I’ll start with the following:
Splitjack Injector. This thing is a tank, built in the USA, and fit and finish appears excellent. It’s pricey, but should last a lifetime.
eyOuDm7.jpg
M
mFfYN9y.jpg

Second was a cooking apron, has 2 pockets is silly, but will use it.
X3VyeFT.jpg

What about everyone else?

Reactions: chopsaw
Wow! That is a nice toy! I would agree with you that this injector will last for lifetime but.... $129 on Amazon is toooooo... pricey. Wouldn't mind to have one as a gift though... :emoji_wink:
Yeah, it was my one “big gift”. And only being a backyard cook, way more than I need. Wife kept bugging me for a big gift idea, never expecting she’d buy it...:emoji_laughing:

Two bbq cookbooks: Operation BBQ's and Myron's BBQ&A. Sad part is with winter here in Canada I can read but cant do for a few months. Lots of reading to do.

Reactions: Danno44
Two bbq cookbooks: Operation BBQ's and Myron's BBQ&A. Sad part is with winter here in Canada I can read but cant do for a few months. Lots of reading to do.
Please forgive me, not trying to hijack the thread. The Operation BBQ cookbook features my team’s (Son Seekers) recipe on page 227 along with our team bio on page 228.

Pretty proud that we made it into the book with so many Championship teams.

Johnny Ray

Reactions: fivetricks
Bosch Universal Mixer with Stainless Steel bowl and "baker" accessory kit. Hoping this will allow me to make more than two loaves of bread at a time which my current Kitchen Aide mixer (a fantastic mixer by the way) limits me to.
mixer.jpg

As others have said, way more than I would have spent on myself, but my wonderful wife wanted to get me something special.
mixer.jpg

Reactions: Danno44 and Steve H
Bosch Universal Mixer with Stainless Steel bowl and "baker" accessory kit. Hoping this will allow me to make more than two loaves of bread at a time which my current Kitchen Aide mixer (a fantastic mixer by the way) limits me to.
View attachment 425341
As others have said, way more than I would have spent on myself, but my wonderful wife wanted to get me something special.View attachment 425341

Never seen one of those before. I'm googling that!

Reactions: WaterRat
My Girlfriend went a lil crazy: Kirchner meat slicer; Wusthof tri-stone sharpener; SS injector (ever seen Pulp Fiction ?); and...Dalstrong Gladiator Series 6" fillet knife - I may cut my hand off with this thing, nasty! in a good way ;)

Attachments

• 20191231_102051.jpg
    20191231_102051.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Danno44
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky