1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured Christmas Exchange

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by bmudd14474, Nov 25, 2018.

Do you want to do a gift exchange?

Poll closed Sunday at 11:06 PM.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

christmas-tree-near-fireplace_0.jpg We have done this in the past where members who were interested got together and exchanged gifts with each other.

The way it would work is that you would have a dollar limit say $20 bucks. Everyone who wanted to do it would be randomly paired then would exchange. The gifts are usually things that can only be purchased local to the member. Sometimes they were homemade things like rub or maple syrup.

Would anyone be interested in doing this?

Edited: If you voted yes then PM/Inbox me a message and ill add you to the list and will randomly pick people to exchange with each other.

Brian

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    bvbull200 likes this.
  2. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

I sure am :) I think it's one of the neater parts of a group like this is every one lives in different places so our local stuff is always different!

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Let's do it see how it goes.

Warren

4. Watching, sounds interesting. I’m just not sure who would want $20 worth of Amish baked goods!

5. I'm in as well. Although I couldn't possibly imagine what I could get in mid Michigan that couldn't be had anywhere else :confused:

Rings Я Us likes this.
  6. zwiller

zwiller Smoking Fanatic

I thought a smoked cheese exchange would have some regional impact.

7. TomKnollRFV

Good time of the year to do it too!

8. HalfSmoked

Man there you go Peachey telling what my gift will be dang. :confused:

Warren

9. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Way to go Peachy!:p

10. Old man’s gotta get up earlier to stay ahead of me.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  11. TomKnollRFV

I'm watching to see how we do this. :)

12. jcam222

jcam222 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I’d be in for this. The idea of exchanging local unique items where possible is cool too.

13. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Smoking Fanatic

Yes. I’m in. Like a few others, interested in how we do this.

14. HalfSmoked

Ok Gator240 and Peachey if I got your name it was going to be crab soup boy that idea is gone now. :p :D

Warren

15. bvbull200

bvbull200 Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

I'd be in! Sounds like a fun idea.

Even if you don't have anything "local", just something that you've discovered that others might not be familiar with would be a good alternative.

16. Jeff Wright

Jeff Wright Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

So, do we declare here (I will be in), or by voting yes we are in? Just a general question so everyone knows.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    fivetricks likes this.
  17. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Apple butter and snickerdoodles, my whole family.

Derek717 and jcam222 like this.
  18. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So since there is a decent enough group then anyone that wants to be in it send me a PM. We will then randomly assign pairs and ill PM each pair and they can exchange addresses and all.

Does that sound good to everyone?

If so the deadline will be Dec10th to get me your information that way there is enough time for packages to be put together and shipped.

Thanks

Brian

19. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Looks like Peachey and I will have to show up next year incognito to get some crab soup!:p

20. Don’t tell anyone this Gator but how about you be farmer CP and I will be smokedhalf