Christmas Exchange 2019

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't gathered any items for the swap yet.

But this brings up a point of curiousity; can we ship home made baked goods into CA from the USA? I'm not sure on this point.

Well, I got the contact info for the person I'm paired with. One silly question....there was mention of "something like $20" for the gifts. Is that set in stone, are we able to exceed that, or is it purely discretionary? There are SOOOO many fantastic regional things here to share that I'd hate to be hamstrung by a $20 limit but will abide by that if it's the rule. Tracy pretty much does all the Christmas shopping for us and I buy only a couple things each year, but they tend to be generous offerings. This would be one of them...if allowed by law :emoji_wink:

Thank you,
Robert

Reactions: Hawging It
Thank you Warren. I'll hang tight a bit though to ensure that I'm in compliance. I'd hate to be the one that broke the cardinal rule, but if it's up to me, the recipient is gonna get a hefty stash of goodies. This exchange has been set aside as one of my two allocated gifts for the year.

Robert

Well, I got the contact info for the person I'm paired with. One silly question....there was mention of "something like $20" for the gifts. Is that set in stone, are we able to exceed that, or is it purely discretionary? There are SOOOO many fantastic regional things here to share that I'd hate to be hamstrung by a $20 limit but will abide by that if it's the rule. Tracy pretty much does all the Christmas shopping for us and I buy only a couple things each year, but they tend to be generous offerings. This would be one of them...if allowed by law :emoji_wink:

Thank you,
Robert

I think it's a guideline more then any thing else. Honestly I suspect every member last year ran well away from it. <Shipping alone these days runs close to it!>

I say the best thing to do is have fun with it and enjoy the spirit of giving.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
I say the best thing to do is have fun with it and enjoy the spirit of giving.

Thank you Tom. That's what I'd hoped was the case. We tend to be pretty generous people by default but there is just something about Christmas that makes me want to share the blessings we have experienced with other people. I'll try not to go insane though.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky