Christmas Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
A little Texas-style Christmas brisket is in store for dinner today.

Originally a 14.7 lb’er, I cut it in half, threw one half back in the wrapper and tossed it in the deep freeze and prepped the other half with kosher salt, black pepper and injected with beef broth.

It will be going on the smoker about 9:00 am.

83F887E1-5A51-4864-BBFE-04619A5104E6.jpeg

Edit:

9 hrs 23 mins on the smoker
About 4.5 hrs in I had to add some charcoal.
Cooler rest time: 50 mins.

Last edited:

Originally a 14.7 lb’er, I cut it in half, threw one half back in the wrapper and tossed it in the deep freeze and prepped the other half with kosher salt, black pepper and injected with beef broth.

View attachment 652244
Nice, and a perfect choice for the Holiday. Enjoy

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl

View attachment 652244
Nice, you are smoking what I consider to be the "good" half. This appears to be the half with the Point muscle in it, which to me is the best part of the brisket.

Merry Christmas and enjoy! :)

1CC9BC3B-1E54-4D06-9F73-1EB62C3797D2.jpeg

82E6CBBF-71AA-43B9-B94D-8BA369868EFD.jpeg

Resting in the cooler. Chow time is about 7:05 pm give or take a few minutes.

Pork N’ Beans and Potato Salad will be the other sides.

I’m starving!!!

Spoiled cat. Our RIP cat would have expected the same sample.

Never such thing as too deep scoring (unless you cut it in portions). I've even taken the Jaccard to the fat side and gone medieval on the brisket.
Great meal

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky