Christmas 2018

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
Well all this is what I have been up to the last few months.
I make food stuff to give as Christmas presents to family and friends. Here is the list of total items that I put up this year.
24 chili cheese tamales
108 beef tamales
108 pork tamales
84 chicken tamales
135 breakfast sausages
36 Swiss sausage (local version)
108 Italian sausages
144 Bratwurst sausages
84 hot link sausages
31 pepperoni hot sticks
2 whole turkeys
10 turkeys
The biggest thing to work around is cure times (especially bacon and turkeys) as well as refrigerator space. Then of course packaging. All takes time.
Christmas 2018 b.jpg

Cut it close this year and though I have a few items extra of some items most are exact numbers to give out. That means if I want any for my self I will have to make some up. Drat!
kit

Really impressive. Where do you find the time? I was hoping to at least smoke some cheeses and/or beef jerky for Christmas but for a variety of reasons it won't be happening this year. So, if you have any unclaimed extras...

24 chili cheese tamales
108 beef tamales
108 pork tamales
84 chicken tamales
135 breakfast sausages
36 Swiss sausage (local version)
108 Italian sausages
144 Bratwurst sausages
84 hot link sausages
31 pepperoni hot sticks
2 whole turkeys
10 turkeys

...and a partridge in a pear tree.

Man kit that a whopper load of food you've prepared. Great Job.

Point for sure.
Chris

kit they are some lucky people to receive that. Points for you sharing with others
Richie

Reactions: kit s
Thanks all.
If I was better at this forum stuff I would address each of you in turn.
Time is always an issue on this and well started late so had to reduce from last years which was almost double in amounts. Sometimes get carried away in production and way over estimate but this year almost underestimated. If I was younger maybe burning the midnight oil would not be as problematic so I put off other chores.
Heck your all on a list :D. Now where did I put it?
Kit

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky