chops, and a couple of fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One word friend ..... focus ....
icon_redface.gif

i smoke the chops like i would country style ribs... just a little less time...

the whole idea was to give the heavily under the influence inlaws something quick to eat not to make good Q..lmao(j/k)

i smoked for about 1 1/2 hrs, foiled them for about an hour...took them off smoker and let them eat..served with some sweet potatoes

i did a meatloaf the other night, but didnt take any po...pics..lol

father in law came in from georgia and wanted some good Q on short notice once again... in went the meatloaf, cornbread, and beans dr'd up with some pulled pork,crushed pinapples,japs, cooked under the meatloaf

Looks good teacup! I had chops tonight too! Helps feed the week day addiction. Although an almost empty smoker is not as thrilling ...
icon_neutral.gif

WV-

Chops and Chicken part are great for week days. Only take about 1.5 hours per pound.

Did you download my time and temperature chart yet? I think we've got just about everything covered now. It's 6 pages long!

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downl...emperature.pdf

quick update but no finished pics

after trying not to impress the inlaws that i could Q, i failed..lol

father in law - loved the taste even the little kick the rub on the chops had - converted him to fatties after i unthawed a presmoked one yesterday

mother in law - loved the taste of the chops - not a sausage fan at all but liked the fattie (that means alot..lol) - asked when was i going to make her some ribs...

just picked up the missus - she loves my Q all the time, even when its not exactly what she wants.... she was especially interested in the new way i did the fattie tonight.... thinly sliced about 4 or 5 cloves of garlic and put in fattie...rub with leftover rub...

she told me she liked the fatties b4 but would fight me for the leftovers of this one...

smoke was thin and blue, the chops had such a nice smoke flavor, not overpowering, rub was just right as well... overall today was a good last minute smoke... smoked with hickory, spritzed with AJ/dr Pepper/capt morgans spiced mix
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looking good !! Now who should have done the inviting?? Any leftovers, just up the road in Lapeer and would you look at that almost lunch time! So hungry getting weak need Q!!!

Here I go looking at Q when I haven't eaten lunch yet... Man, they look REAL GOOD!

yah there are leftovers but its past lunch, and the missus just said she would fight you as well for the leftovers..lol

we are both out of luck..lol

but on a side note... i am throwing another fattie into the smoker in a couple of hours..lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky