Chopped Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TXN68

Original poster
Jan 7, 2019
Abilene, TX
I am wondering if anyone has a recipe for making chopped ham. I have leftover ham that is in larger chunks. Unfortunately the pieces are too small to slice for sandwiches. Does anyone have a recipe for making chopped/pressed ham using an already cured and smoked ham?

I usually just chop/dice my leftovers pretty fine and use on sandwiches just that way.
I plan to get a Ham Press soon (thanks to SherryT and a few others). I started researching recipes for it and results were limited. I saw many that used cured ham, but I wanted to cure it myself.
I suggest doing a Google search for Ham Press Recipes and see what turns up.
All the results I found Use methods other than a press, so no need to buy a press specifically for this.

Going with the theme here lately, I’d recommend going with split pea soup! Although ideal, hambone isn’t really required! Lots of great recipes out there. Here’s an old version I did, I’ve changed it a bit over the years, but haven’t written them down yet. Sorry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky