Chocolate?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Brain fart or? Cold smoked chocolate.

P2190588.JPG

Did a touch of reading up on this. And it sounds quite interesting. Anybody done this? Advice?

Last edited:
Hell Steve. Take a few chunks and put them in the smoker for a little while as a test. I wouldn't run them very long though as I bet the chocolate is gonna pick up the smoke flavor in a hurry. Never done it but sounds interesting. I'm thinking I might try it with Reese's peanut butter cups next time I do cheese.

Hmmmm.....
Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Smoke it up, anything is possible.

I can’t imagine smoking milk chocolate that is flavored with caramel and toffee etc etc...you make the rules when it comes to your food.

But I could see dark or unsweetened chocolate tasting good smoked. Hell, people put it in their chili and they make chocolate bars with hot peppers in them. Maybe you could smoke some and use in a mole sauce??

Smoke it up, anything is possible.

Joe has a good point here. I bet at one point somebody said "smoked cheese? are you crazy??". Heck yes, give it a shot. While you're at it, if you are a coffee drinker, try smoking some coffee. I've thought about it many times but never remember to do it when I'm cold smoking something.

Wondering where this may go,
Robert

Give it a shot. I don't remember who for sure but sometime back someone was smoking the powder mix for hot chocolate.

Yep, that was me. I do it all the time. I use Jack Daniels pellets and cold smoke the chocolate mix for 5 1/2 hours--anything less than that amount of time just doesn't give enough smoke flavor.
I've also done chocolate chips (dark and light milk) the same way. Delicious.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky