Chip and Pellet mix tube test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I just started a test of half chips and half pellets in th 12" tube. Put in MES40 at 120 degrees to start than 250.

20201030_125846.jpg 20201030_125854.jpg 20201030_125931.jpg 20201030_131203.jpg

1 hour. No trouble burning. Going a bit fast but that OK.

Attachments

• 20201030_140456.jpg
    20201030_140456.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 36
I like billowing smoke in a pellet smoker, havent had to much smoke out of mine yet in 2.5 years

Went up VFW for couple beers. Got back at the 3 hour mark and it was out. I just trying to get some extra smoke in the pellet pooper. Going to give it a go next time. I really want some of the wood chip smoke flavor. My buddy going to try all chips in the tube for his camp chef tonight.

Last edited:
Went up VFW for couple beers. Got back at the 3 hour mark and it was out. I just trying to get some extra smoke in the pellet pooper. Going to give it a go next time. I really want some of the wood chip smoke flavor. My buddy going to try all chips in the tube for his camp chef tonight.

I use wood chips exclusively in the tube. Only 1 to 1.5hr of smoke depending on how well you pack the tube, but the results are much better than 4 hours of pellet smoke.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
My friend didn't have enough chips to fill so he mixed yesterday. He really happy how it turned out. The chips I got from Academy are more like shreds than chips. Going to try use them today.

Brian , I've been mixing them in the tube for a couple years . Works great for me in the MES . I like the fine shred / smaller chips for this . Gives more flavor and color .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky