• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chip and Pellet mix tube test

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
Straight up pellets ground in the blender.Double your smoke time without the billowing smoke.

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
I like billowing smoke in a pellet smoker, havent had to much smoke out of mine yet in 2.5 years

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Went up VFW for couple beers. Got back at the 3 hour mark and it was out. I just trying to get some extra smoke in the pellet pooper. Going to give it a go next time. I really want some of the wood chip smoke flavor. My buddy going to try all chips in the tube for his camp chef tonight.

Last edited:

JWFokker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Went up VFW for couple beers. Got back at the 3 hour mark and it was out. I just trying to get some extra smoke in the pellet pooper. Going to give it a go next time. I really want some of the wood chip smoke flavor. My buddy going to try all chips in the tube for his camp chef tonight.
I use wood chips exclusively in the tube. Only 1 to 1.5hr of smoke depending on how well you pack the tube, but the results are much better than 4 hours of pellet smoke.

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
My friend didn't have enough chips to fill so he mixed yesterday. He really happy how it turned out. The chips I got from Academy are more like shreds than chips. Going to try use them today.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
That's how we learn experiments and reports including your pro and con's.

Warren

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I learned one thing today with using wood in tube. Try not open smoker for very long until tube burns out.

20201102_150301.jpg

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Brian , I've been mixing them in the tube for a couple years . Works great for me in the MES . I like the fine shred / smaller chips for this . Gives more flavor and color .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.