Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking chili. Thanks for sharing recipe. I am Texan and put beans in mine but use pinto. When I did chili cook offs I would puree the beans and put them in there.
Thanks Brian. It's a pretty tasty chili. Pintos wouldn't hurt a thing

Yup---I could go for a Big Bowl of that right now, to warm me up.
My Heat came on this morning for the first time this season!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks bear. Give it a try sometime. It's an easy recipe. Cooling off around here as well

Placed all meat in my pot with one 12oz beer, 3c of water,8oz tomato sauce, 5 cloves minced garlic and a few dashes of louisiana hot sauce. Then add in the spices
•3T chili powder
•6 beef bouillon cubes or 2T better than bouillon
•2T cumin
•2t paprika
•2t oregano leaves
•1t unsweetened cocoa
•2t white sugar
•.5t coriander
View attachment 463992

Going to try this with some smoked brisket that been in freezer for a while. Is that brown sugar next to the white?

Coriander on the right of the sugar. Unsweetened Cocoa on the left of sugar. Let me know how you like it

Reactions: jcam222
I missed this the first time . Love a good pot of chili . I've seen the cola used but have not tried it .
Chili mac and chili dogs , I could eat anytime .
Nice work Jake .

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I missed this the first time . Love a good pot of chili . I've seen the cola used but have not tried it .
Chili mac and chili dogs , I could eat anytime .
Nice work Jake .
Thanks bud the Cocoa adds a nice flavor profile. Give it a try sometime

Damn , had a late night last night . I read that as " unsweetened cola " I looked at the ingredient pic , and was thinking wonder where he gets that dried cola ? I sat to close to the cooler and watched some John Wayne movies last night .
Lmao I assumed autocorrect got ya. You're explanation was way better. Made me lol for real

Not sure how I missed this one.
But yeah, adding the cocoa powder gives chili a deeper more complex flavor.
I guess that is one way to describe it.
And the chili does not taste like chocolate.

Good looking chili Jake.

Not sure how I missed this one.
But yeah, adding the cocoa powder gives chili a deeper more complex flavor.
I guess that is one way to describe it.
And the chili does not taste like chocolate.

Good looking chili Jake.
Thanks Stuart. And agree on the deeper complexity. I love it in chili

this sounds great, very similar to mine i do put some green pepper in it . But never did cocoa or sugar. Will try it out on the pot I am planning on making this week, My grandkids don't like the beans by pureeing the beans do you use less beans when you do this will try it to make grandkids happy and no hot sauce or cayenne pepper either I add that to my bowl

Reactions: TNJAKE
I just dump a can of beans in the blender and turn them into a liquid. Add a little water or beef stock if necessary to thin. Seasoned black beans are my preference, but Bushes has a line of flavored beans, any one of which will work.

I tried refried beans once in the chili. Nope. Did not work.

I just dump a can of beans in the blender and turn them into a liquid. Add a little water or beef stock if necessary to thin. Seasoned black beans are my preference, but Bushes has a line of flavored beans, any one of which will work.

I tried refried beans once in the chili. Nope. Did not work.
thanks will try it that way sounds like a plan,

Missed this one Jake but still looks fantastic months later :emoji_wink: ! Thanks for sharing your recipe

Nice looking meal here but I have to disagree. What you have made here is stew, not chili. As soon as those beans hit the mixture it becomes stew!

• Wow
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky