Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been so long can't remember how it taste. Time to make. Have you tried adding diced tomatoes?
Sorry Brian I missed this. I have made chili with diced tomatoes. It's not for me but tweak to your tastes. Just not a huge fan of tomato heavy chili. I actually have a pot cooking right now. Cold front coming through. Pics later

Last edited:
Sorry Brian I missed this. I have made chili with diced tomatoes. It's not for me but tweak to your tastes. Just not a huge fan of tomato heavy chili. I actually have a pot cooking right now. Cold front coming through. Pics later
I kind of messed that one up. I used some froze left over brisket and texture was just not what I was wanting. Your chili as written is great! A local pub/restaurant has some great chili and I know the manager. He gave me the ingredients, only 5, but not the amounts. One more time and I think I have it.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Dang Jake, I somehow missed this one!
But Heck yeah! That’s straight up comfort food. We make Chile beans similar to this often enough. We are New Mexican (Chicano) not southwestern Texan. But I’d totally hit your Chile beans. Yes sir that’s good stuff for sure.

I kind of messed that one up. I used some froze left over brisket and texture was just not what I was wanting. Your chili as written is great! A local pub/restaurant has some great chili and I know the manager. He gave me the ingredients, only 5, but not the amounts. One more time and I think I have it.
Yeah I remember you posting it now. Butcher had ground ribeye so that's what I used for the beef tonight

Reactions: 912smoker
Dang Jake, I somehow missed this one!
But Heck yeah! That’s straight up comfort food. We make Chile beans similar to this often enough. We are New Mexican (Chicano) not southwestern Texan. But I’d totally hit your Chile beans. Yes sir that’s good stuff for sure.
Thanks bud. For me it just ain't chili without beans!

Thanks bud. For me it just ain't chili without beans!
According to a Texan I knew from another forum (he's dead and gone now) chili with beans isn't chili, it's Mexican succotash. That said, I make Mexican succotash and call it chili. We like beans in ours too.

According to a Texan I knew from another forum (he's dead and gone now) chili with beans isn't chili, it's Mexican succotash. That said, I make Mexican succotash and call it chili. We like beans in ours too.
Yeah Texans are a weird bunch

Yeah Texans are a weird bunch
They have their idea of what chili is, and it don't jive with what most people from everywhere else call chili. Maybe they are correct, but I still like mine with beans. I do, however prefer stew meat in place of ground beef.

Local country grocer had ground ribeye today. Mixed the beef with ground hot sausage as usual. Didn't change a thing
IMG_20211205_153509.jpg

IMG_20211205_181918.jpg

Bowl ain't pretty as I'd already mixed in sour cream, Fritos, cheese and green onions but this was fire!
IMG_20211205_191021.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky