Chili recipe from meat church

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I know it's getting warmer, but I was thinking about doing chili again and came across the meat church youtube. Figured I would share it for those llookin for a recipe. The batch is huge so for people like me it will need to be reduced. i was gonna post it in recipes but wasn't sure it was allowed there.

Hey All,

I know it's getting warmer, but I was thinking about doing chili again and came across the meat church youtube. Figured I would share it for those llookin for a recipe. The batch is huge so for people like me it will need to be reduced. i was gonna post it in recipes but wasn't sure it was allowed there.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

JC :emoji_cat:

I know a lot of people are no beans but for me that's just spaghetti or sloppy joe sauce LOL. I wouldn't put chili with beans on a hot dog or a hamburger for sure

Reactions: JC in GB
Beans or no beans I found his recipe to be too heavy on the onions. Other than that it is very good. Although I haven't bought his chili seasoning just used regular chili powder. Great base recipe to play with and make your own. Big fan of Matt love his youtube videos.

However, I am glad Matt approaches the bean controversy with great humor. Some are not so gracious. I think it’s hilarious. It’s like cilantro. It tastes like soap to me. Some folks get mad at me for that. I just don’t like the taste of flakes of Coast or Irish Spring on my tacos. Haha!

I think cilantro tastes like soap too. You are the first one that I have heard say that as well. :)

That said I really don't mind that mild soapy taste on some things.

As far as beans in chili, I like beans in chili. I will eat it both ways though. :)

I think cilantro tastes like soap too. You are the first one that I have heard say that as well. :)

That said I really don't mind that mild soapy taste on some things.

As far as beans in chili, I like beans in chili. I will eat it both ways though. :)

There really needs to be a Cilantro=Soap thread on this forum. I wonder if the mods would allow it? Haha! If it’s already in something I work with it. But if they’ll leave it out it’s worth the look of scorn I get.
And, I agree, beans or no beans, if it’s good chili, I’ll eat it. No controversy there. Even better if it’s served in a sourdough bread bowl.

Way too much tomato in that recipe to be called authentic TX chili.
Cowboys didn't have access to tomatoes, or many other vegetables, they had meat, onions, dry peppers, dry chilies and a few spices.

I have no temperature threshold for chili... year round good food. Beans or not, what goes in a bowl and what goes on a hot dog are different animals. As to cilantro, I once dated a girl who said it tasted like nasty dishwater. Genealogy research has also told me that its more than likely a genetic thing. Who knew cilantro was that big of a deal?

• Love
Reactions: negolien
Chili with soap in it... now ya gonna be blowing bubbles out of both ends! But that idea of being served in a bread bowl sounds great! Maybe not in a breadbowl but put it in a regular bowl and bring on the saltines!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky