Chili Lime Garlic Pork Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Corona, CA
Been doing some reading on the forum and there seemed to be an overwhelming appeal to trying pork jerky... so I happened by my food-4-less and found pork loin for $0.99 a lb, so figured, why not give it a shot! My dehydrator goes to 165 (my thermometer read 159, so not sure it gets to that temp)... but what I have read is that trich is killed around 140 degrees... so I should be good on that front... weighed my cure #1 after weighing my trimmed meat to dose at 165 ppm.... I should probably be good, yes? Any thoughts? Drying tomorrow... Recipe below:

Pork Center Loin 1.296 Kg
liquid smoke 3 tsp
worcestershire sauce 3 TBL
Soy Sauce 3 TBL
Chili Garlic Sauce 7 TBL
Salt 1.5 tsp
Brown Sugar 6 TBL
Lime Juice 3 Lime
Zest of lime 3 Lime
curing salt 2.63 g
jalapeno 3
Black Pepper 1 tsp
Onion Powder 1 tsp
Honey 4.5 tsp
PPM Nitrite 156
Bowl + Meat 1270 g
Bowl 216 g
Meat 1054 g
Grams Cure 2.63 g

Attachments

• image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 37
I got a little side tracked today on my Longaniza making experiment, so I never got around to posting the product.... Right now it is in a brown paper bag balancing the moisture... maybe another day of that before it goes into the ziplock... I think I might have cut these a tad bit too thick, so it took 8 hr to get to where I felt good taking them off... flavor is good... different from what I am used to with beef, but good... will like to see how it tastes in 3 days

Attachments

• Pork Jerky.jpeg
    Pork Jerky.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 35
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky