Chili Cheese Frito's Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Yes thats right.

Going to pulverize 1 cup of Chili Cheese Fritos and mix with some AC Legg #116. The fritos will act as a binder so i will have to adjust the recipe some. Will start on these tomorrow.

popcorn.gif

Better late than never.

Yup Frito sticks.

Mix for 1.5 lbs of 80/20

Top left, PS Seasoning hot stick mix (3T) 1/4 cup smashed fritos
Bottom left, smoked paprika (1/2T), Cure 1 (1/4 t + a pinch) chili powder (1/2T)
No salt added because of the stick mix and fritos

Cure and paprika added. Mix well by hand. Chili powder add here also. (forgot pic)

Mix in stick mix.

Add frito's and mix well. I did add small amounts of distilled water as i mixed. Im sure the fritos will act as a binder and suck up some liquid.

All mixed. Cover and fridge so i can clean up and get ready to stuff.

Ok cut and taste test has been done.

For me they are a tad to dry. Sorta like a Kutas dried sausage stick or a round jerky stick.

I can taste the Fritos.

What will i do different.

Add more water and some Ames Phos, more chili powder, paprika. Use my stuffer instead of the jerky gun.

Reactions: smoke-inator
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky