Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Local Fire Department putting on the chicken!

They start selling at 1100!
FB_IMG_1619874393104.jpg

Holy Chicken! thats a lotta birds man. I assume this is a fundraiser? where is the location - roughly?

Reactions: bill ace 350
Holy Chicken! thats a lotta birds man. I assume this is a fundraiser? where is the location - roughly?
Yup. Fundraiser for the VFD . They have them throughout the spring and summer until the fall.

They also have a big one at the Fireman's Field Days in June.

Music, beer, food, games, auction...

Great times.

Location, little village off the shore of Lake Ontario, upstate New York.
North of Pulaski, south of Adams.

Used to shop at Pop's family store long ago.

Pop's mentioned these events in some of his posts.
His village held these too, and we enjoyed their variation on chicken as well.

Looks like 300+ servings!? Strong!!!

Do they brine them ? What seasoning or sauce ?

They sell just a half chicken or a meal, which usually includes a roll, beans, salt potatoes or macaroni salad.

Reactions: SCBBQ
Hopefully it's not just the firefighters doing all of this. That's a lot of work in addition to all the other things they do!

This thread has inspired me - I’m going to smoke 150 chicken dinners in a couple of weeks as a fundraiser for a local church kitchen .

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky