Chicken with Cream Sauce AKA Pollo con Crema.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
I decided to break out my disc and do a little Texas favorite this afternoon. I started with chicken breasts that I cut up into long strips fajita style. I also sliced a large sweet yellow onion. I then got the disc prepped and ready. Simply cooked the chicken and onion fajita style until there was no pink in the chicken. Notice I did not season the chicken prior to this as the seasoning will be added in the cooking process.

IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

Once the chicken was cooked I added two cups of chicken stock that I made from Knorr Caldo De Pollo. Two tablespoons of Knorr to 2 cups of water. I also added 3/4 cups of heavy cream, a tablespoon of paprika, and a healthy dose of garlic powder. I brought the mixture to a boil and let it roll for about 5 minutes.

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

I then turned off the burner and added in about 1/2 cup of sour cream mixing it in slowly as the mixture cooled. This will thicken up your sauce.

I decided to do a side dish of Fideo with the chicken dish. I use the same recipe for this as I do my Spanish rice. Brown the pasta with some chopped onion in oil over medium heat. Mix in Knorr chicken stock 2 cups of water 2 tablespoons of knorr. One 8 OZ can of tomato sauce, garlic poweder, and cumin. Bring to a strong boil then reduce herat and cover for about 20 minutes. Some pretty amazing stuff here.
IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG

Here is the final plated dish, served with hot flour tortillas. I had a little red salsa with it as well. I felt that the tomato based sauce of the fideo really complimented the cream based sauce of the chicken. All in all a success and will be doing again.

IMG_1811.JPG

Man that meal is money!!!! The creamy chicken I am sure is beautiful combined with the tomato sauces!! Love the combo.

That looks awesome. I make Chicken enchiladas with a similar filling but I add a can of Roasted Green Chiles...JJ

Man that meal is money!!!! The creamy chicken I am sure is beautiful combined with the tomato sauces!! Love the combo.
Thank you for the kind words. The contrast in sauces was a nice mix for sure.

Fred

That looks awesome. I make Chicken enchiladas with a similar filling but I add a can of Roasted Green Chiles...JJ
No doubt there are several additions that could enhance this dish. I like to put mushrooms in it but my wife hates them so I left them out. I also like a more spicy dish but my 6 year old wont eat it so I left out chili's etc... Thank you for the kind words.

Fred

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky