Chicken Wings... mmmm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ammjr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Well - I decided that I would pop some wings on yesterday. I soaked them in some oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, lemon juice and LOTS of GARLIC... I LOVE garlic!

Anyway, this was my first time out flipping the charcoal pan over to use as a baffle in my Chargriller smokin' pro. I read that on this forum and I've got to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who mentioned it (saw it 3 or 4 times at least)!. I was able to keep a steady temp in the whole chamber. I also was able to fit the small webber drip pans on top of the charcoal pan directly under the cooking grates.

Wings turned out great and the family loved them. Sorry no pix this time but I am going to do either a pork shoulder or maybe a brisket this coming weekend and I promise pix!

Thanks again!
- Anthony

Congrats on the wings!
Go for the butt, easy to do & you can't beat pulled pork sammies.
Brisket takes a bit of learnin'. Pick up a half and search this site for brisket methods, some good ones here.
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

Congrats on a successful smoke. Wings sound real good.

What was your time and temp for the wings???

My wife has been asking me to do wings on the GOSM, but I'm not sure how long they would take to cook completely. If they are not too long, I would like to do my normal two roasters and then a rack of wings.

She makes an awesome Buffalo Wing sauce....so there is definitely incentive and it's too darn hot to cook them in the oven like she normally does.

Maybe next time try to increase the heat up the last 20 minutes or so to crisp up the skin... see what that does for ya.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky