Chicken Thighs - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chris, I just happen to have a pack of thighs in my fridge right now. Excellent!!

Thanks Gonna, What the heck are you waiting for. Get them thighs defrosted and kettleized.

I don't call this guy Kettle Master Chris for giggles.
Great looking thighs Chris.
Appreciate it moto, but I'm just a fat old guy trying not to starve. My wife says that I'm a jack of all trades, master of nothing. Well there is one thing. LOL

Chris

Good way to get me Jonesing for grilled chicken Chris.
I'd hit that several time!

I'm sad that my grill is down with a faulty valve(s).
Thanks John, it's amazing how something as simple and easy as chicken can hit the spot. It's a bummer about your valves.
Great meal Chris
should have made some mac and Cheese with that

Thats right you did make some

David
Appreciate it David, LOL the MnC was devoured a few days ago. The wife made a beef stew last week and these were the leftover potatoes from the bag. I had to use them up before they started growing whiskers. Beside the baked potato I got some good hash browns the next day.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
So you did all that cooking on just one beer or does the beer pole have a reload feature?

Reactions: gmc2003
Gansett and a Kettle, great way to spend the day. Good lookin thighs
Thanks Newglide, life doesn't get much better then that.

Chris

It is getting cold enough up in VT by Chris that he can keep the rest of the 12 pack right next to the pole.
So true, so true. Pretty soon the koozie will be used to keep the beer from freezing instead of cold.

Chris

So true, so true. Pretty soon the koozie will be used to keep the beer from freezing instead of cold.

Chris
Had my beer freeze to the hot tub when wife and I thought it would be a good idea to take a dip in a middle of a blizzard.

• Haha
Thank you muchly banjo-man.

Appreciate it mneeley, Your gonna love the Vortex for chicken and all sorts of other foods requiring high heat. Word of warning: if your kettle doesn't have the clam shell in between the handle and lid. Then wear a glove when removing the lid. The handle has been known to get really hot.

Chris
Good advice, thanks!

use them up before they started growing whiskers

That reminded me of when I was a kid and at my Grandads farm. It used to be very scary in the dirt basement. He had a big bin with all his root veg in there in sawdust ' and the potatoes had eye sprouts on them back than I thought taller than me. lol

David

So you did all that cooking on just one beer or does the beer pole have a reload feature?
It's a manual reload unfortunately, but the loader gets a good workout during the cook.

Good advice, thanks!
There's a bunch of us that use the Vortex. If you have any questions at all fire away and enjoy.Looking forward to your first cook.

Chris

Reactions: chp
That reminded me of when I was a kid and at my Grandads farm. It used to be very scary in the dirt basement. He had a big bin with all his root veg in there in sawdust ' and the potatoes had eye sprouts on them back than I thought taller than me. lol

David
When we had a garden we would always let a few grow whiskers for planting. My inlaws house still has a dirt floor basement with a smaller inner wall about 3 to 4 ft. from the outer wall for holding coal. The house is a little over a 100yrs old.
Looks great. The vortex is a great chicken cooking tool.
Thanks Jcap, It's hasn't failed me yet.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
It's a manual reload unfortunately, but the loader gets a good workout during the cook.

Chris
There are always options to upgrade…
99FCB409-70F2-4786-B6EB-2B31EF80AE08.jpeg

There are always options to upgrade…
View attachment 645228
That's a pretty cool idea and I could attach it to the side of the pole. The beer pole does have electricity and I've often thought about bringing out our mini fridge when we're hosting a BBQ party.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky